dead GE CTC167R

Hi.

I have a GE TV, service # 27GC804MF1 with CTC167R chassis that is dead. When I push the on off button it won't do anything, just like there is no power coming to it. I have checked the power outlet and TV cord. The guy who brought it to me said that it would start sometimes, but I can't get it to start. As I don't have a schematic for it, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Flyback

Reply to
flyback

flyback: Dust off your DMM and perform some basic power supply and LOPT circuitry troubleshooting. Also look for cracked, cold, or otherwise faulty solder connections near and around the high heat producing components like power resistors, diodes, transistors, chips, LOPT, etc. If you have a little experience and electronics knowledge this basic troubleshooting should be fairly easy WITHOUT a schematic. A schematic will be of LITTLE HELP if not. You might want to go to the website for this newsgroup at

there, with some searching you will find a wealth of helpful repair information. If you are still not certain how to proceed you would be best advised to TAKE it to a service shop for at the very least a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision with facts instead of Internet guesses.

--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"flyback"  wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I have a GE TV, service # 27GC804MF1 with CTC167R chassis that is
> dead. When I push the on off button it won't do anything, just like
> there is no power coming to it. I have checked the power outlet and
> TV cord. The guy who brought it to me said that it would start
> sometimes, but I can't get it to start.  As I don't have a schematic
> for it, any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Flyback

Reply to
sofie