damsel in distess..Sony WM D6C

Hi folks- I was wondering if anyone here had access to EURAS service. I have a problematic Sony WM D6C Professional Walkman whose "symptoms" are described perfectly on this web page:

see: Speed too fast. Cassettes move at approximately double speed. (the remedy includes a circuit diagram)

I'm am a newbie DeVry student and would like to look over their tech tip for this issue. Also am wondering how expensive the repair might be.

Thanks for your help- Karen

Reply to
cheezecorn

Sometimes a cassette witll run too fast if the pinch roller is not pinching the tape against the capstan. Look for a mechanical reason. The pinch roller could have just popped out of place.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

This is a known problem with some of Sony's servo-controlled portable cassette decks. The D5 was prone to it too. As I recall, it was caused by an open pickup coil in the motor assembly, causing the servo to run wild.

Most likely, that's the problem.

Michael

Reply to
Michael

There was a fairly involved procedure to replace the motor on these - the original is no longer available, so the circuit must be modified.

The service bulletin number is AUD0395 .

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias