Sound defect in Sony KV2170GE

I have 21" Sony CRT tv, model KV2170KV which looses its volume gradually from loud to soft and evantually ends up buzzing. This happends intermittently.

I've tried to knock the TV when the fault appears but this doesnt help. So an dry joint might not be the problem.

Recycling the power to the TV sometimes solves the problem. Any idea where can I start? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
vernondopaul

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Some component overheating? Try a cold spray around the circuit involved.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Sounds like the sound intercarrier filter is drifting - if so; the buzz is video getting into the sound demodulator.

Reply to
Ian Field