CRT screen burn in.

JVC rear projection T.V., less than one year old. Screen burn in on both sides from customer using wrong aspect ratio. Only minor burn in. I talked to JVC, of course not warranty, but how about "reverse burn in"? Inputting an NTSC signal with white on both sides, to make the CRT phosforus on the sides wear in to match the middle. JVC guy said they have had no luck with this. Just wondering how, if any of you have tried this. If so, what kind of signal, how long, & results. Thanks, Dani.

Reply to
Dani

You can try it, I'd use a signal from a computer but you'd better get the alignment dead on or you'll have two vertical strips. If I were attempting this I'd check the screen every hour or so for change, if you crank the brightness and contrast up a bit it won't take real long with it displaying white bars, but don't go up too high, I've seen a few cracked PTV CRTs.

Reply to
James Sweet

You are going to have to find a pattern that is dead on. Maybe you con find a way to do it from a computer, or some type of programmble video effects generator. The intensity, timing, and pattern will have to be exact. In any event this will be difficult to match.

Jerry G.

Reply to
Jerry G.

I'd guess the contrast is already cranked up as a default mode, which is why this TV is showing that much screen burn in only a year, regardless of what mode it was watched in.

My PTV is 3 years old, and shows zero pattern burn on the CRT faces. Of course I set up the black level correctly, and add just enough contrast to make the picture natural.

John

Reply to
John-Del