Creative Creative I-Trigue 2.1 3300 - No Output from Left Channel

Hi,

I have an Creative I-Trigue® 2.1 3300 setup on my PC which has developed a fault i.e. no output from the left channel.

The amp is built into the subwoofer, so the power cord, volume control/headphone socket and speakers all connect to the back of the subwoofer.

As I said the left channel output from the system has gone completely dead - both for the speaker output AND the headphone output. Unfortunately the product is outside its warranty period, and the local repair shop charge nearly half of what I paid for the system, just to have a look !

I have searched the Creative support forum and it looks like a few people have had the same issue, but ended up getting replacements under the warranty. Does anyone here have any experience of these speakers, or can suggest what one of the likely faulty components are ?

I'm fairly handy with the soldering iron so I'd much rather pay a fraction of the shop's repair cost and buy and fit a new component myself.

Thanks for any help.

Mark.

Reply to
ML

JR North

I have tried the speakers in another PC and also connected to a personal stereo, same problem occurs :(

Reply to
ML