Couple of UK TV questions ...

First. Does anyone know for sure the correct type number for the field output chip in an Alba TVD 3406/A 14" portable with built in DVD player ? It's a 7 pin TO220 package, so I'm guessing that it's a TA or TDA something. Unfortunately, the side is blown off it, and it doesn't appear to be laying anywhere in the set.

Second. Has anyone been having trouble with programmes from Sky Living TV recorded on a Sky + box ? Only seems to have been happening over the last few days, and only on Living TV channel. There is no problem with the live broadcast, only when it has been recorded. Every couple of minutes, there will be a brief burst of pixellation, followed by an equally brief freeze and jump of between almost nothing and a few seconds of recording. This is followed a couple of seconds later by an again brief interuption in the sound. It's really annoying to watch. Both LNB inputs are showing good signal strength of around 60%, and both show locked transport streams with a quality factor of around 80%. Both these figures are absolutely normal.

I have heard whisperings that there are some recording problems as a result of a recent software upgrade, which is of course automatically downloaded by the box, but if it is down to this, I wonder if anyone has an explanation as to why just one channel should seem to be affected ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

A travel tv program on the PBS channel was acting similar to that a month or so ago.I haven't tuned into that program on the PBS channel since then.At first, I thought it was something wrong with my Sony Wega Trinitron CRT 27 inch flat screen tv set. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Trouble is, with everything being locked into software these days, you just never know with these obscure problems. Sky do automatic overnight 'upgrades' (!) to the box's software to both fix problems and add new or revised features. Sometimes, I guess that a fix sorts out 20 models and screws up two others. Unless you keep an eye on the box software rev number, you don't know that a change has occured. Well, be interesting to see if it clears up on its own. If there is some genuine fault like the PSU or the HDD getting flaky, then I guess I'll know soon enough ... :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

"Arfa Daily" wrote in news:dQRlj.1560$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe4-win.ntli.net:

Could they be playing some kind of 'copyright protected' DVD and broadcasting it over that channel?

--
bz    	73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.

bz+ser@ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu   remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap
Reply to
bz

It was a regular programme. " So You Think You Can Dance", actually. Broadcast last night. Recorded on the Sky box's HDD, and watched a couple of hours later.

Arfa (73 also ...)

Reply to
Arfa Daily

will need the chassis reference, (vestel 11Akxx? PT92? Beko?... ) since alba is just the badge put on the front....

Agreed. A friend of mine who does rather more TV repairs than I do, as I limit that work strictly to 'mates', suggested that there would be a chassis reference number, probably starting with a "K" somwhere on it, but I'm buggered if I can see anything other than the back cover model number. There appears to be no stickers or anything on the PCB that I can see. Would a photo help you if you are familiar with this tat ? Or is there somewhere else I should be looking for any other identifying marks ? Thanks for taking the time.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily