cop420 microprocesser programing

Sorry if this is the wrong group for this question but I have piece of equipment that i need to check the condition on the cop420 chip made by national semiconducter is there a programer out there which will still do this chip I believe it to be a 4 bit chip

Thanks for any help

Andrew bishop uk

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

I believe that all of those were mask programmed at the foundry.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

sorry Im not famaliar with that process does that mean that you cant read and check the funtions of the chip

thanks for your help

andrew bishop

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

Andrew Bishop wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com:

of

made

Read, likely not, as the lock fuses (if any) would be set as part of the mask. Being masked, I believe it would be unlikely to have the program fail over time.

You could test it though. The least you can do is run the equipment through normal operating procedures.

Reply to
Gary Tait