Connector on composite cable broke off in A/V receiver

This is a good one.. my roommate was trying to take out the composite video cable from my A/V receiver and broke the connector off inside the jack. So, the long metal piece is in there. Any ideas on getting this out? Turning it upside didn''t work (sadly). Hopefully someone has a clever trick. Thanks.

Reply to
mark.martinez2

To prevent damaging your unit, take it to a service shop. They may have to change the connector on the receiver.

--

JANA _____

Reply to
JANA

Open the case and poke it out from the inside. Make sure it's unplugged first.

Isaac

Reply to
isw

yeah its good idea to open with proper screw driver the set. try to find out whether the Video cable connector broken out. If u little bit of hardware knowledge u can get the same kind of connector from electroncis shop and solder it. try this if the A/V receiver is not under warranty.

Reply to
somugsundar

You can probably push it out from the inside, but if neither of you has any electronics experience, I gree with HANA.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites: