Clean yellow plastic on Fluke Multimeters..

Hi,

From time to time my Fluke equipment is used in a dirty environment. Unfortunately it's difficult to clean the yellow plastic.

What do you guys do to clean your yellow fluke equipment?

rgds

Tor

Reply to
Tor Tveitane

Remove the yellow cover.

You can clean it with a product called VIM. I have no idea if it is sold in your area. Some people have used a commercial type of dish washing soap, and had success. I do not know what brand. I also heard of some people putting it in the dishwasher. Another friend of mine cleaned his with hair shampoo.

--
Jerry G.
======

Use a liquid domestic cleaner with a little caustic soda in it.

NSM

For the rubberized yellow cover, like a 73, we use wd-40, followed quickly by 409, for just plastic, 409. Steve

Reply to
steve

Hand it to your wife! They know all that stuff : - )

Reply to
rb