CIE?

Hello everyone,

Has anyone on this forum taken a course from the "Cleveland Institute of Electronics" (CIE), and if so, what is your opinion of the school? Is it worth the money?

If you don't won't to reply on this newsgroup, please email me at jcd (at) atlantic.net.

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated!

// Jim

Zagan

I did, back in 1970, and it was a joke, and when I tried to say no they tried to bill me for the full amount. In 1970 they were referring to transistors as 'experimental new devices', so that should be a tip off, to a rip off. Better to try to get an online course from a local, and real, college. Been there, done that. Bill Baka My email is open to anyone whom wants to talk off the group.

Reply to
Bill

Yes, I did. For those who enjoy programmed instruction, it is very good material. I would recommend it. The problem I had was credentials. I wound up testing out of most of the 2 year program at Hennepin Tech just to get a 'ticket' to get a job. I still use the material today for reference. I went on to get a bs in chem years later. Still glad I spent time with the CIE material. Self study is not for everyone.

Reply to
mk834tt