HP zt3000 motherboard

Hi, I am trying to trace a short on this laptop. Does anyone have a schematic for the motherboard? It's marked LA-1701 if that's any help.

Or a scrap motherboard I could use for comparison.

Any help appreciated. If you can think of a more suitable newsgroup to cross post this to I would be grateful as well.

Reply by removing NOSPAMPLEASE from my email.

Thanks.

Reply to
Clyde

You can replace it for about $100...

Or buy dead ones for around $25.

I can't even imagine a schematic for a motherboard, must be like a phone book!

--
-Scott
Reply to

For some laptop schematics, see:

It's not like a phone book, which is fairly well organized. It's more like taking a pair of scissors, cutting a big schematic into small pieces, and then reconnecting them with thousands of wires labeled with incomprehensible acronyms. It's amazing what can be done with a schematic capture program to mutilate a schematic.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com