cell phone, static comes from mic?

hi there, am about to tinker inside my nokia 1110, which although obsolete has served me quite well. its current problem is a static like sound, which i can hear even while the phone is still dialing.

does static generally come from a fault in the mic? thx

Reply to
beerismygas

The mic that these phones employ is a condenser mic capsule, which has a built in FET amplifier. I've had them go bad on regular telephones and kick up a 'static-y' sort of noise which appears on the sidetone as well as the outgoing audio, so it is a possibility. As a first move, try just disconnecting it. If the noise goes away, chances are it is the mic.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily