Camcorder audio problem - 8mm in hi8 camcorder

I bought a hi8 recorder to replace my regular 8mm. When replaying the regular 8mm on the hi8, the sound cuts in and out, and there is a slight horizontal distortion line on the bottom of the screen. Is this normal for playing regualar 8 tapes on a hi8 camcorder?

Reply to
jimdep1

Some 8 mm recorders have a problem that a guidingarm on the chassis will misadjust during use. This is caused by a lockingscrew which is not good locking.

So your old one could have that problem and the new one displays it.

If playing the old tape in your old recorder it will be all right, but if you play a tape which you have made in the beginning you bought your old recorder could have the same problem.

Greetings Peter

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
eddumweer

Thanks for replying. If I'm understanding you ok, would it make sense to find a used (doubt if I can find a new one) regular 8 camcorder for viewing the older tapes? In other words, because I'm using a high 8, that's why I'm having this problem, or do you think I'll have this problem on any 8 mm because the tracking arm may have been loose on the original camera?

Reply to
jimdep1