C-Audio Power Amp Head ...

compared

an

Grandata must have dumped or auctioned-off their back catalog when moving address from Wembley to Ruislip and trading name to Thumbs Up , actually thumbs down, earlier this year

A few totals of IC types in 2000 Grandata catalog, 2008 "Thumbs Up" TDA... 760 136 TEA.... 120 14 L.... 370 55 M.... 234 10

Anyone ever get to the Pike auctions in Nottingham? Or is there any other electronic component auctions around since that one in Stroud Gloucester closed down ?

BTW yesterday I passed a Maplins store as a pallet load of returns was being tail-lifted on a lorry, well wrapping tape had Returns Centre printed all over it. Does that turn up at Pikes with all the other returns ?

N_Cook

Farnell don't charge me shipping, and to be honest, I've never felt that their prices are excessive, given the stockholding that they have, and the normal efficiency of their service.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Likewise. I can phone my order for 1 transistor at 6pm if I need to, and it is here, free delivery, next day. That's what I need to be able to do.

Certain things, like cable and connectors, are cheaper elsewhere, but for everyday components I order from them exclusively and pay monthly. Parts are usually the smallest part of the bill anyway, and the customer pays for them, so ultimately I am not bothered about trying to save them a few pence if it takes more time and hassle (and possible labour charge) to do so. Neither, I suspect, are they.

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

the

mosfets presumably !

(in

would

and

and went on to design > the much loved D Series.

were Samwha (forget which series but the plastic film was dark

for reliability with Samwha and they sent us detailed info to say

overvoltage and no load).

little black cans. Looked absurdly small. I expect that's what

Farnell that'll do fine. Use 105C caps if you want to continue

Ok I archived this. IIRC the caps are dark green This amp spent most of its life as a sub amp for my home entertainment system. So it spent a lot of time idling. That probably did more harm than good. And it was on 24/7 365 days a year for maybe 3 years before I went to powered subs. One feature I like is that the fan only runs on demand and from what I remember has infinite control. So this amp is good where fan noise is an issue. As far as how I rate it sonically, it always performed well for me although I haven't run too much full range audio through it.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Archived

Reply to