C-audio RA4001 power amp problem

Hi all, I've got a C-audio power amp model RA4001. The unit is stuck in "protect" mode and won't energize the softstart bypass relay. The poweramp channels seems ok, and there are no dc-offsets. Either anyone has a good hint or possibly the schematics for this unit. Greatful for any advice. Best regards Stefan

Reply to
powerampfreak

If it's a MOSFET, check for oscillation.

--
*24 hours in a day ... 24 beers in a case ... coincidence? *

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I would suspect the softstart relay still energize, even if one amp channel is bad. It has output relays as well. These doesn't energize either.. No schematics available?

/Stefan

Reply to
powerampfreak

Fortunately I saved the contact email from when the remains of the C-Audio website was still up. Try Mark DOT Ayres AT harmanpro DOT com. He sent me a copy of the RA 1, 2 and 3 series schematics a couple of years ago when I enquired.

--
Tim Phipps

replace "invalid" with "uk" to reply by email
Reply to
Tim Phipps

Tried to mail the above contact, without any reply. Probably, Mark have left Harman. Anyone else have any input for a schematic for a C-audio RA4001 poweramp?

Reply to
powerampfreak

According to

he is still there. You could try calling them on the number listed on their website.

--
Tim Phipps

replace "invalid" with "uk" to reply by email
Reply to
Tim Phipps

Have you phoned Harman UK ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Suggest you sign-up to the 'diy audio' forum and post an enquiry to lee.basham

"lee.basham If you have any problems with these amplifiers Ii can help I was the product manager and service manager for C-Audio. Circuit diagrams are available for al models of C- Audio products as well as service documentation and first hand guidance."

Note, when searching for schematics for UK manufactured products use the search term "circuit" or "circuit diagram" in place of schematic.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore