Re: C - Audio slave amp ...

Anybody by any remote chance have a schematic copy for a C - Audio RA 1001

> slave amp ? Drawn a blank from all the usual places. > > Looks as though it has been stored somewhere cold and damp, although dry > enough now. Basically, it won't come out of 'protect' although there seems > to be nothing wrong fundamentally with either channel. Both channels have > good output, with no DC offset, as far as the output relays. There is > another relay over at the mains input side of things that looks like it > shorts a bloody great resistor, so inrush limiting I guess. All three

relays

remain stubbornly off, and the protect light stays on. I can't read any > volts at any of the three relay coils, and none of the pins appears to be > grounded, so they are not high-side switched. So may be something as

simple

as a missing rail, but hard to follow print around as it's double sided,

and

fairly crowded ... > > Arfa >

If the C is for Crest then sounds like my experience of a pile of Crest Audio Pulse 2 1100 , amps stored in a Dutch barn schema available out there repair briefs on

IIRC all the problems were condensation/corossion inside minor TO92 owner thought draping a tarpaulin over them in the barn was sufficient protection in the UK

Reply to
N_Cook

" Nutcase Kook"

** No way.

"C-Audio" is a British maker.

Weird contraptions with a mix of Hitachi power mosfets and Motorola TO3s in the output stages.

The fan routinely caused amps to fail since it blew directly onto a bunch of high voltage TO92s and covered them in dust and moisture.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Hi,

I've emailed you the 1001/2001/3001 schematics. Sorry for delay, but hours of major outage of BT Internet this morning.

Maybe you could post them somewhere when you have time and post a link here, I'm sure there will be a few interested here in having them. I'm not very good at that sort of thing. ;)

Note what I said about the 'L' suffix - I got it the wrong way round, but C-Audio used BC184L and BC214L in these designs, and these are a different pinout to BC 184 and BC214.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

I did look at uploading the schematics to eserviceinfo, but they want far too many personal details for registration for my liking.

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis