BT Kingfisher 2 / Answering-recording machine 404A

Does any one know where to order spares for such an old British Telecom 404A answering machine?

By old - I mean really old! It has tapes for both messages and OGM and the tape decks could do with new belt kits. Its so old that the last time I had to repair it was at least 10 years ago - the series pass transistor in the regulator runs excessively hot and the solder joints deteriorate until operation becomes intermittent. At about the same time I repaired a couple of identical units (and identical fault) for a company I used to work for, and I'm nearly certain these units were Panasonic branded.

TIA

Reply to
ian field

I used to do loads of these when they were in their heyday, and I don't remember the belts being anything special. I just used to use ones from my standard stocks of all sizes. I think you are correct that it was a Pan - a badged KX-T1440 I think. Plenty of standard component suppliers keep belts in all sizes. Look at

for instance. Even Maplins keep a variety.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Thanks - is there any way you can check for certain the Panasonic model #, it increases the options for ordering replacements, it would be handy if anyone still had the correct belt kit, I've never been good at judging correct tension when matching singly sold "universal" belts!

Reply to
ian field