Bosch SHX56B06UC dishwasher won't drain

One month ago, I bought a house with a Bosch SHX56B06UC dishwasher. I'm guessing it's 5 or so years old, though I can't find a manufacturing date on it. Machine ran fine at 1st, now the pump will not drain the machine. It makes noises that sound as though the pump is running, (as when you select "cancel drain") but no water exits. Drain line is not kinked. Filters are also clear. I'm wondering if these symptoms point to any particularly likely problem with this particular machine (maybe they're prone to a certain pump clog, etc? Any suggestions appreciated.

TIA

Dan

Reply to
Dan

Does it wash/spray as far as you can tell? If not, you may have a broken pump.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it does spray. I agree the pump seems the likely culprit. Since it makes pump-like noise on cancel-drain, I'm guessing it's not the electronics that tell the pump to turn on. The thing is, I kinda hate this machine's design. It's really quiet, but the rack layout sucks IMHO & it's SMALL. If it's a relatively easy/cheap fix, I'd probably go for it, otherwise I'd just as soon get another kind.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

I'm

date on

machine. It

select

Filters are

particularly

If the pump runs but doesn't shift the water out the drain hose may be blocked. There may also be a drain valve which is blocked. Impellers can fail but this is rare in my experience.

Here is a page describing a similar problem on another Bosch model which may be relevant.

Ross Herbert

Reply to
Bennett Price

Bennett-Thanks for the reply. I'm familiar with air breaks, but this machine isn't set up with one. Apparently varies by local code. The drain hose is looped & attached up high, which also serves as a siphon break in the event of a sink flood.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

Thanks Ross, I searched "bosch dishwasher won't drain" and varients, saw a couple post (mostly also in the UK, oddly... ) but not that one. I removed the left panel as described & the plug became immediately visable through the transparent manifold! Easily fished out w/a bent paper clip! THANKS!

BOB'S YOUR UNCLE! ;-)

Dan

Reply to
Dan

There's usually a solenoid valve that switches the pump from spray to empty. I'd look at that.

Otherwise

or

for a free one.

Reply to