Blackout every 2 hours caused by refrigerator

My refrigerator causes a home blackout every 2 hours. When the refrigerator is switched off, no blackout occurs after several hours.

I am not a technician. What could be the problem?

Reply to
-

How do you get the power back on? Reset the circuit breaker? If so, isn't the answer fairly obvious? Either the breaker is bad, or the refrigerator, in combination with everything else on the same circuit, is using more electricity than the circuit can provide. That can happen because you've got too many things plugged in on the same circuit, or because the refrigerator compressor is consuming more power than it should (e.g. if it's in need of repair).

Of course, the refrigerator might not be the culprit -- maybe it's the heater in that new hot tub on the same circuit, and the frig is just the "straw that breaks the camel's back."

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT

bad wiring in your home which you should have looked at or, a bad compressor in the freg which should be popping the breakers if it's that bad? that is if the breakers haven't some how be compromised on their proper values.

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

What do you mean by 'blackout'?