M505 fried during major power blackout

hi, I am owner of M505. during charging over cradle, there was a major power blackout. After that, M505 could not be powered on and will emit a slow glow neon glow at the LED. When charging over cradle, the neon LED indicator will be lit.

I have opened up the palm and nothing was burnt at the board. However I suspected the Lithium ion battery may have been burnt.

Any advice? Thanks.

Pailface88 gave the below advise from comp.sys.palmtops.pilot:

"Disconnect the battery for a bit and then reconnect it. This will do a factory reset which is different than a Hard Reset. It has cured prob lems on my m505 that a Hard Reset would not cure."

I tried this and the m505 managed to start up but then it hanged halfway during the date and location setup. Then it could not be turned off and I had to resort to hard reset. After that, it could not be started at all.

After a factory reset, error message saying "Fatal Alert" appears followed by unit hanging. only thru a hard reset can the m505 be switched off. After that it can't be switch on again.

Thanks.

Reply to
SeventhPrince