Best solder free electrical connection

So, where are his flying, today?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Even their lightbulbs.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Many years ago in a previous life, radio host Don Imus brought me his Triumph Motorcycle to look at because the headlight as in fact, leaking oil!

Long story short: Bad oil pressure sending unit had it's wire lead encased in a plastic spaghetti tube that ran up along the frame to the headlight housing. Oil was running up through the spaghetti tubing and collecting in the headlight housing. When he parked, it would drip out.

Reply to
salty

Now if that had been an American Hog, it would have been a cunning feature to prevent the headlight corroding.

You guys cant even get a sub zero O-ring to work.

And no one in their right minds not doing pork barrel politics would glue a rocket together with an O ring anyway.

An engineer, it has been said, is someone who can do for sixpence what any damned fool can do for a quid.

Or any American company for $10,000 of course.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well the Saturn V wasn't exactly advanced compared to a V2. They were both more or less the same. However the Russians did have significantly more advanced rocket engines. NASA have been using the designs to make their rockets better.

Reply to
dennis

And yet you poor, mindless blokes haven't launched anything to the moon, let alone get it back.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Sigh. the Saturn V was a Model A. The V2 was a model T. Both designed in the days of slide rules, and poor metalurgy. Tube electronics and crude plastics. Do you have anything useful to say?

They built bigger engines, typical of Russian designs. Scale up something, then everthing else needed the same.

Proof?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

One look at Imus, and you knew it wasn't hair oil. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Where do you get this?

The Saturn was unusual, possibly unique, in that it was (apparently) the only rocket that never failed.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Hey - what's the matter with slide rules? I still use mine (fairly) regularly.

--
Frank Erskine
Reply to

The Americans aren't the only ones to have collected moon rocks.

Reply to
dennis

I cant understand you peeps on the west side of the pond bragging about being technically superior to Europeans. Since the US was originally colonized by a mix of either Spanish, French, Portuguese, Dutch or English, your all of European descent anyway.

You've just developed funny ways and attitudes since!

Reply to
=?iso-8859-15?Q?_=3E=3C=28=28=

He was very well lubricated, himself, back when I knew him.

Reply to
salty

Are you saying what I think you're saying?

Errr never mind TMI.

Meat Plow

No. The Edsel was a working automobile, but it was hardly a success.

For products designed for the market, yes.

Reply to
krw

No, it didn't. It didn't have the range originally intended. I believe it was supposed to super-cruise, too, and it didn't.

...and the SST was cancelled when the goal was moved. The Concorde was continued for ego reasons.

It was too expensive when it was DESIGNED.

In your dreams.

Lies.

More bullshit.

Reply to
krw

First supersonic airplane in level flight. Several broke the sound barrier, in dives, before the X-1.

Reply to
krw

they

You really do need a remedial reading course. ...or a brain.

Reply to
krw

Sans taxes, fuel is almost the same price now as it was in the '60s. Look it up, instead of looking like the dumbass you are.

Reply to
krw

;-)

Reply to