Barely readable LCD

Replaced a drive belt in the tape deck of a mini music system, Wharfedale NE571 , easier said than done. When received, and as used by the owner, the display is very feint even at the optimum viewing angle. You view it through a mirror finnish of the cassette carrier flap. All segments operate etc but any ideas how to improve the legibility or is this normal for thru-mirror display gimmickery? dated 2007.

N Cook

You need to build up the display's confidence, so it won't be so frightened.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Any chance it has been disassembled and the polarizer has been lost or put in wrong? (long shot...) Otherwise I'd say drive voltage is way low.

Reply to
PeterD

the

through

but

Illuminator and LCD within the thickness of a normal cassette flap. No obvious way to part it so left until no display , so unlikely any tinkering. Survived unplugging 2 foil ribbons on the main pcb connections and replugging, no difference , still feint. No idea what the correct voltages are. Just glad I didn't disturb anything else in the process of taking all apart.

N Cook

Blimey. Here's a brand new one for £39.95.

I guess its a disposable. What's your repair charge?

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

Wharfedale

thru-mirror

At least the pic there

shows the display could not be photographed. The slightly whiter patch in the central whitish patch , actually mirror section.

N Cook