Impossible 1/4 inch sockets

I'm repairnig another ancient Aiwa AD6900 cassette unit. It would make access to the deck much easier if I could remove the 3 sockets that protrude through the front plate. These are locked into the subchassis , the barrel (that the plug passes through) pokes through holes in a steel plate and then stout plastic rings pushed over the barrels to lock in place. Hot air gun to soften the plastic to remove ? Any attempt to prize off these barrels would be obvious as they protrude out the front plate.

N Cook

No photo available. Retaining rings are thick black plastic like the back rings of LED clips but scaled up to go over the brass barrel of the socket , rather than normal threaded bush, and this ring then sits under a lip around this barrel after being forced over the lip so firmly in place. Although with fair amount of finger force you can rotate the whole socket in the hole in the thin steel chassis plate .

Reply to
N Cook

Are you sure it`s not a bayonet fitting? There is a pretty common jack socket used on many mixing desks so designed.

Ron(UK)

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public address system