Apple PSU Schematics

Greetings all. This is my last attempt at getting help before I go mad.

I have a damaged Apple QuickSilver PSU, original part number 614-0157, Saddly right now I do not have the money to buy a new one, and refurbishing mine with someone is out of the question because I'm outside the US, so I'm trying to diagnose it myself with the little hobbist knowledge I have, the trouble is that It gets noticeably harder without the schems, which I've digged up to hell and back and not found. Plus I have a SMD device, a transistor, that is obviously burnt, my trouble is that all I can read from the warped cover is 1F, and I have no other information than the part number in the PCB, so without the schematics my chances of finding the correct transistor to replace would be near zero.

Does anyone please, PLEASE have this schematics at hand and could share them with me? Would you at least tell me the full code of transistor Q202? thanks a lot.

Reply to
Blissfull

You won't be able to get schematic - unless some Apple authorised repairer breaks their confidentiality agreement and emails it to you.

However, on the 1F transistor;

BC847B SOT23.

or

Ross Herbert

Doh I didn't realize this was under NDA, thanks for the data on the trans, and wish me good luck repairing this buster.

Reply to
Blissfull

Check this treasure trove of Apple info:

-- ========================== Jeff Stielau Shoreline Electronics Repair

344 East Main Street Clinton,CT 06413 860-399-1861 860-664-3535 (fax) snipped-for-privacy@snet.net ========================
Reply to
Shoreline Electronics

A good source for Apple USER manuals for sure. However, the OP wants a schematic for the Quicksilver PSU. If you look at the manual for this item it gives instructions only for REPLACING the PSU.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

I hope there is a switching regulator IC inside the PSU, if you can identify it & find the datasheet of IC this will make it easier because usually datasheets contain a simple circuit of IC usage.

Reply to
Wicaksono