APC UPS data cable

APC makes some UPS's with RJ45 on the rear that is supposed to connect to RS232 ports. Does anyone have the pinout of the RJ45 to D-Sub-9 cable?

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Mike Berger

I called them, but the one guy I spoke to about this said he didn't have documentation for the pinout.

I'll try to reach somebody else there.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Download AN-12 from

It will tell you more than you want to know about serial communications with APC models.

Cheers!!!!

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer to the end, the faster it goes.
Reply to
DaveM

Thanks, but the pin numbers seem to be for the models with D-sub-9 on the unit, not RJ45.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Specifically, which APC model are you concerned with?

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the
address)

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer to the end, the faster it goes.
Reply to
DaveM

Sorry for the delayed response. They are models CS500 and RS500. APC says they don't have cables in stock but will contact me when they do. This is the same routine I went through with them several months ago.

And they refuse to reveal the pinout of these cables because if people make their own they might short a signal or whatever.

I can put a breakout box on it and see if there's any activity, but I'd probably miss some required detail like a null connection, so I'll have to wait.

Thanks.