Anyone have a trick for getting Husqvarna chainsaw brake kickback spring back on?

Jeff Liebermann wrote, on Sun, 22 Feb 2015 10:57:15 -0800:

:)

You really would like the inventors' lunch we go to in Palo Alto every Wednesday at noon ....

Reply to
Danny D.

No. It's my variation of Finagle's 3rd Law. In any collection of data, the figure most obviously correct, beyond all need of checking, is the mistake.

There are also corollaries:

- No person asked for assistance will see the mistake.

- Everyone who drifts by with unsought advice will see it immediately.

to which I've added:

- Nothing can be done to fix a problem until the blame is assigned.

- The person who identifies the problem will be sentenced to overtime in order to fix the problem.

- Never blame the person who is expected to fix the problem. Blaming the uninvolved, innocent, and those on vacation is usually best.

- The application of an expensive, ugly, and marginal band aid to fix a problem is preferred over admitting that there is a problem.

- Once the blame is assigned, this genie cannot be stuffed back into its bottle.

- Blood, fire, and smoke are sure signs of a problem.

- When deciding on an approach, the prime criteria for acceptance is determining which scheme will keep the phone from ringing.

- If one person can do something in one hour, two people will take two hours, three people will take three hours, etc.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

There are old inventors and bold inventors, but no old and bold inventors. The successful inventors don't have time to attend meetings. The losers talk about inventing things, but rarely go further. Those that boldly go further, get sued for infringement. I suspect that membership is therefore self-limiting to those that don't invent anything.

I've attended writers guild meetings, where everyone talks about writing, but nobody writes. I erratically attend ham radio meetings, where few of those attending know which end of the soldering iron to grab. I attended flying club meetings, where the main topic of discussion were administrative matters, and not flying. At least when I attend a concert, I can be certain that I'll hear some music. I can't imagine what I would do at an inventors lunch meeting? Invent something on the table cloth? If I'm expected to invent something during lunch, I would need access to my reference material so that I know what to steal.

The adage about the teenage daughter of the personal injury attorney was told to me many years ago by a successful attorney in a discussion on how to avoid ending up in court. So far, his advice has been quite useful and accurate.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

replying to Danny D., Will Boyd wrote: Be nice to know if Husqvarna makes a tool for it, but you can buy the entire side (spring installed) for about $20 and the tool would probably cost that much or more.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/anyone-have-a-trick-for-getting-husqvarna-chainsaw-brake-kic-824119-.htm
Reply to