anybody have any 2sd1569a or a good source?

need em for an onkyo amp

Reply to
scott k wilson

What's the model number of the amp?

Reply to
Doug

Reply to
scott k wilson

Thought I could find it in Onkyo's info, but no luck. Have you tried contacting them?

Doug

Reply to
Doug

Sure it isn't just a simple 2SD1569 with no A on it? because those exist at ..

Jamie

While the "non A" version would work it would be unlikely to reproduce the original design spec for the amp. The A suffix usually denotes a device specified for audio or low noise applications.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

That last statement is not always correct, it sometimes denotes a higher Vceo or some other data.

Not to worry, down to more practical info.

The short form data I have indicates that the 2sd1569 has Vceo = 60V and a high beta of around 800 and low Vce(sat) though I don't know what the specific numbers are. The high beta suggests it would have to be a darlington device. Nevertheless, if you can confirm that a device with Vceo = 60V will suit your amp then might I suggest the Fairchild KSD880

and its complement KSB834 as alternative devices. You might even be able to get some free samples from Fairchild.

Reply to
Ross Herbert