F-type HDTV booster antenna

I have a SUpersonic portable HDTV with inconsistent reception.

If I got an amp or another antenna, I'd have to spend forever finding the right (f-type) connector. I've seen both amps and booster antennae for under $2 and the new TVs all have the booster type of antenna.

ANy clue where to find the right antenna in one piece at good price?

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at

There is no difference in spectrum between HDTV and VHF/UHF signals. Shop for an antenna and/or amplifier for VHF/UHF and it'll handle HDTV.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Ok, you're receiving a lousy signal or have too many reflections.

I'll assume an outdoor antenna. If you're going to play indoor antenna see:

Find a good location to install the antenna. Plan on pointing it at the station you want to hear. Use one of several online antenna aiming and antenna selection tools:

If you have multiple directions to deal with, plan on getting a rotator.

Pick a suitable antenna based upon the required gain. In general, the bigger and uglier the antenna, the better they work. Anything by Winegard or Channel Master is good enough. You might need an antenna amplifier, which should be mounted at or on the antenna. Use RG-59 or bettery RG-6/u coaxial cable, not twinlead. The style of antenna will be dependent on how much room you have, whether you need both VHF and UHF reception, and of course, cost.

I don't know what you're looking at, but all decent TV hardware uses F connectors. If you're playing around with twinlead and "booster amps" your probably looking at junk.

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com               jeffl@cruzio.com
# http://www.LearnByDestroying.com               AE6KS
Reply to