AmplifierTape Out to VCR

I have a requirement to connect & record the audio output from a PA amplifier (using the TAPE OUT jack) onto a standard VCR (using the AV input jacks). I have tried just connecting it up and it records but has a very low volume when watched on a TV.

Can anyone suggest how I can amplify the signal some how ?? Can I use an audio pre-amp circuit ??

Reply to
Shannon

I'm struggling to work out why you should need to. If the tape out jacks on the amp have a *standard* line out level, this should match the audio line in jacks on the VCR closely enough for it not to be an issue. Have you tried hooking a normal cassette tape deck to the amp jacks, and seeing what recording level you get ? Likewise, have you tried hooking the 'out' jacks from a normal cassette deck to the TV audio line in to prove out the TV as well ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

What are you amplifying? If you're using a microphone or an instrument, make sure that the preamp is set correctly. Too little input gain will make your TAPE OUT signal too low, but will still be loud enough if you crank the main volume.

Reply to
stickyfox

Try a HI-FI VCR. Much better. escreveu na mensagem news: snipped-for-privacy@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Marcos_Ce

Try a HI-FI VCR. Much better.

escreveu na mensagem news: snipped-for-privacy@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Marcos_Ce

Yes, this is surely a 'gain structure' problem. Find an output on the pa system with a gain control which is adjustable separately from the main outputs.

If none is available, you'll have to juggle the gains around to make up for the low output at the Tape Out. Turn the power amp (if it's separate from the mixer) down, and turn the mixer up, etc. Experiment...run a test tape to see if you got it right.

If the above two posts don't give you enough information, then you probably need to describe the problem, especially the equipment in use, in order to get more help.

jak

Reply to
jakdedert