AMD SLIC question (AM79R7x)

Is one or the other of the AM79R79 or AM79R70 SLICs intended to be a replacement for the other? And if so, which is newer? The data sheets for the AM79R79 all appear to be older. (Is there an even newer replacement?)

I'm thinking of trying to repair some Motorola Bitsurfr ISDN TAs and the SLIC chips are often the (obvious) problem. Back when they were under warranty it seemed that Motorola would use the R79 as a replacement for the R70 but it might just have been a stocking coincidence. On the off chance that anyone is interested I have some vague theories about why the SLIC chips get damaged...

Dan Lanciani ddl@danlan.*com

Reply to
Dan Lanciani