After Power Outage

I had a power outage Jun 11th and my amp hasn't powered up yet. It still has the standby light but no power. I left it unplugged for days and it's still not coming on. This happened before and after leaving it unplugged a week it powered up again. The model is Fisher RS-727. Should I have it serviced or just get a new one? Any advise will be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
tsgrl429-ent

It's probably a fairly simple repair, if it's a nice amp it's at least worth having looked at.

Reply to
James Sweet

I see it advertised at $69.95 from an on-line pawnshop, so I don't think it is worth heroic efforts. Check for a blown fuse but, beyond that, you might look for a replacement. Repair costs are probably more than it is worth.

Kal

Reply to
Kalman Rubinson

Where are you located? Sort of curious... I found a Sony receiver and could have fixed it if I had stopped fixin' it. :) Fred

Reply to
Fred

Try warming it up with a hair dryer, around the electrolyics near the PSU.

Ron

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public address system