confusion1431

You may have sent voltage spikes into the control components of your amp.

--
#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
#8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

Is there any way it can be fixed or do I need to get a new amp all together?

Reply to
confusion1431

You'll have to take it to the shop, or get under the cover. We can't diagnose it remotely. Is there an internal fuse that may have blown?

I once fixed a high-power auto amp someone had thrown out; they had miswired it, but all that fried was a small section of track inside. A bit of wire and solder, and I had a nice-sounding amp.

Hope that's all it takes for yours.

Reply to
Randy Day

Probably blown the output transistors.

Reply to
Marra

So sorry, however, I won't miss ANY car that needs 1200 watts of audio amplifier.

Reply to
Lord Garth