A/V receiver tape out doesn't work for DVD/SPDIF input.

I have a kenwood VR-6050 receiver. Connected to the "tape out" RCA jacks on the back is a FM transmitter that I use to relay whatever I am listening to to FM receivers in my basement and garage, so that whatever I am listening to shows up there also. My problem is that my computer which is connected to the receiver through one input using coax SPDIF does not reach the tape outputs. When I play audio or videos from the computers, the FM transmitter does not receive the audio. I have tried both the audio TAPE OUT connection and the VCR TAPE OUT connection on the receiver. Neither gets the signal.

I can find no documentation concerning this in the Manual for the receiver.

Would anyone have any knowledge of a way to get the receiver to pass this audio signal on it's SPDIF input on to the TAPE OUT connector, or any other way to get a LINE OUT equivalent that would include that signal?

Bob F

Reply to
Bob F

This is normal operation. If you want an analog output from a digital source you are probably just going to have to get a D/A converter.

They do this to discourage copyright infringement of higher-quality digital sources, having long ago lost the battle on analog sources.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

How about connecting the Fm transmitter to the headphone jack? You should get all the digital and analog output there. Beware of the volume, it may become too loud :)

"Mark D. Zacharias" ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:qYdki.45643$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr21.news.prodigy.net...

Reply to
Zebra