Problems with Toshiba Satellite 1805 S204

Hello,

I am having trouble with my laptop computer's (Toshiba Satellite 1805 S204). We are unable to see the information on the screen (there is images and/or typing on the screen, which I have confirmed through it while the backlight is not working). I was told be a CompUsa that the backlight was going out (that was about a year ago). The computer is getting worse now, daily it happens we get to use it for a little while (minutes or hours) before it goes out again.

I hope I am not asking too many questions but, I am not sure what the next step to do from here. How do you know for sure what the problem is without going in to get it repaired? What is a reasonable price for the parts that are needed (backlight, inverter or LCD screen)and the labor to repair the laptop? Where should we go in Omaha, NE to repair it?

THANKS Kris M.

--
kstenus
Reply to

Backlights and inverter. Get an estimate.

Company Name: Trisec Computer Services Address: 7311 Jones Suite 5 City: Omaha State/Province: NE Mail Code: 68114 Country: US Main Phone: 402-399-2916 Fax: 402-255-6313 Attributes: Notebook Repairs Notebook Repairs Desktop Repairs Desktop Repairs International Warranty Repairs International Warranty Repairs

Reply to
Meat Plow

Reply to
fadilmounir