a newbie to repairing an NEC Multisync 1700 monitor

Hi, I just picked up an almost "dead" NEC MultiSync 1700 monitor from my workplace and was hoping that I could repair by myself and use it since it's about to be thrown out. Here is the symtpon that I saw on the monitor:

- Power to the monitor is still working (at constant rate), I've tried another power supply unit but there seemed to be no problem with power supply.

- When switched ON, the monitor will show the whole screen for a fraction of a second and then goes black.

- If I switch the monitor to OFF then ON again, the monitor will display things again for a fraction of a second as described above.

I'm a newbie to this so any suggestion is greatly appreciated. The monitor is still under warranty but there's no way that I can find where the original receipt is. Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply to
vincentn