Subject Author Posted Replies

Walkie Talkie Button Mike Specs
Does anybody know what the specs are for the button mikes used in Midland Walkie Talkies?
3
3

FS: RCA and Samsung Projection CRT's
I have the following projection CRT's for sale: RCA P16LFM00xx (from CTC-195A chassis) - all 3 are good, one has had a coolant leak repaired. Samsung P16LGS03xx (mfd. by Panasonic) - from model...
1
1

3 pin TO92 size IC , identify ?
with all this written on the tiny flat face , immediately prior to the meter of a metal detector 7150A-1 A407C0042 , maybe G in the middle unlikely voltage regulator Holtek HT7150A-1 Transistors...
4
4

Need help with a Powerful Yorx Receiver - Relay problem
I got a (huge) Yorx receiver at an auction. I paid a whopping $2 for it. It's a huge receiver with a real wood (plywood) cabinet. It comes with AM-FM radio, casette, and of course amplifier. When I...
3
3

XLR to Minijack Repair
I have two and 1/2 stereo adapters that take mic/line level inputs and match impedance (not sure on this one) to a 8/32" stereo phono jack for a video camera. We suspect that some of the x-formers are...
7
7

Semi OT - Removing antenna mount from car window...
-- Jeffry Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE) The speed of light is 1.8*10e12 furlongs per fortnight.
10
10

CHASE GPR4403 Laboratory Receiver Service manual PLEASE (2023 Update)
A plea for HELP. We have a CHASE GPR4403 laboratory test receiver displaying UNCAL on the LCD. The operators manual describes this message as relating to a RF or IF fault. Trawling the web I find that...
6
6

Anyone with a transistor equivalent guide please? 2SD2214
Hi, I'm trying to repair a rather messy bodge job on an audio effects rack unit. The components requiring fixing are all surface mount, including a 2SD2214 transistor which is now obsolete. If anyone...
2
2

Looking for hidden service menu - panasonic DMR-E50
Panasonic DMR-E50 dvd and hard drive recorder I can't seem to locate the hidden menu. I know it exists. I did a search and found incorrect information that states " Press and hold for 5 seconds the...
2
2

Marshall amps , stock fault ? c2003
2003 MG100DFX lost the DFX Small square sub-board with the SM digital stuff on it. Held by 3 plastic standoffs but the "permanent" ends under the main board do not open up under the board as made for...

Structural steel plus plastic technique called ? failure mechanism?
VCR chews tapes because suspension arc for the jockey-wheel/idler/ slip clutch assembly is an arc of plastic moulded over the steel of the chassis. Then has cracked and catches the carrier as it...
4
4

Odd behaviour from battery motor
I made my Curtain Controller 6 years ago based on a motor I stripped from an inexpensive battery-operated screwdriver drill (3V). In general it has worked fine. But for the last year or two it has...
9
9

Re: Willing to Pay for Proper Korg DW-8000 Analog Synthesizer Repair Diagnostic
It's late at night.. :) I see from a second readover that you have already investigated that. Maybe if I look a third time during the day I can figure the rest of it out.
2
2

OT Why is a gyroscope called a gyroscope?
OT Why is a gyroscope called a gyroscope? When it doesn't have a scope.
37
37

Wanted - Schematic MAGNAVOX (FUNAI) CMWV405
Hello all - update info to my previous post with the same subject. I can't seem to find a schematic under the Magnavox model number nor a cross reference to a FUNAI equivalent or chassis. Can anyone...