Re: Willing to Pay for Proper Korg DW-8000 Analog Synthesizer Repair Diagnostic

Is there, by chance, a relay on that board, to prevent the power-on

> pop from getting through to the amp? > > If so, you might want to investigate that part. It is very common for > these to go bad and only let volume scratch through.

It's late at night.. :) I see from a second readover that you have already investigated that. Maybe if I look a third time during the day I can figure the rest of it out.

Reply to
stickyfox

Hey everybody thanks so much for the help, but my problem has been resolved! Somebody emailed a suggestion that I investigate two cables that look identical and are easily reversed. As it turns out, there are two identical cables in the same location, one feeds the volume board and the other is the output from the analog board. I swapped the two cables and everything works great!

Thanks so much everyone!

Reply to
evilaltima

And sometimes it's really the little things that get us.

Jeff

--
?Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.?
Frank Leahy, Head coach, Notre Dame 1941-1954

http://www.stay-connect.com
Reply to
Jeffrey D Angus