Recommended Brands for NVRAM

I am looking for recommendations on brands of non volatile sram. I want a device on the order of 32k - 512k by 16 bits, long non powered data retention, and a real time clock would be preferable but not necessary. Speed isn't very criticical as I am running a 30 MHz bus clock with controllable wait states, so most memory devices will probably be a lot faster than my bus.

I have looked at Dallas-Maxim, but their devices are fairly expensive. Texas Instruments has some, but they are known for supply issues on their memory. One manufacturer, ZMD I think, recently got bought up by another firm, Simtek I think, so they may not be a good choice right now.

Has anybody here have a good experience with a particular brand, that is reasonablly priced, that you would recommend?

Reply to
Noway2

Have you considred the FRAM products by RamTron:

I haven't used the parallel versions, but I have used the SPI serial versions in a few projects.

Mark Borgerson

Reply to
Mark Borgerson