Schematics

Guys,

Is there any tool/software to convert PCB Layout along with netist into schematics. Im a newbie, Kindly help!

Thanks

Reply to
redpumice

Lets see, there are 3 pads in a triangle. Possibly a SOT23. From a list it could be NPN, PNP, NFet, PFet, single or double diode with series connection, common anode or cathode, zehner, reset circuit, ahem what else.... and you expect any software to figure out it as BZX84-5.1V Zehner ? Now consider other cases, SO8, 1206, TQFP44...

To answer the question, no, there isn't.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

I usually use an Internet-connected computer, coffee and wetware.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I once saw a schematic that was made from a netlist. It was the most horrible sight you will ever want to see.

Tam

Reply to
Tam/WB2TT

I've done that manually a few times (from reverse-engineering a chip)... just slap down all the node names, connect them up, then rubber-band until it starts looking like a real schematic... painful ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Wouldn't the netlist help?

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well, they didn't do the last part. It was a circuit board I did, 120 ICs. When the factory geared up for production, the edict came down that all schematics had to be in electronic form. So, they gave a draftsman the netlist and told him to capture a schematic; they didn't give him the paper schematic, though. The guy came up with about a 30 page disaster.

Tam

Reply to
Tam/WB2TT

Usually, the schematic comes first. Then the netlist, then finally the PCB layout.

Is this what you want, or do you want the reverse-engineering route? If you really want a schematic from a finished product, it's easier to ask (generally). And failing that, you can do it by hand. Another option (I've not tried, but seems like it could work??) is to use Photoshop Elements or something similar. Photograph the board on its own layer, and make your connections on another. (In Elements, you'd have to keep flattening, but to me, it seems that would be easier than tracing the routes manually - especially if double-sided PCB w/traces under parts, etc..)

But hey, I don't do reverse engineering for a living, so there are probably better methods out there... -mpm

Reply to
mpm