12 volt VCR Samsung/Visteon

I recently picked up a Samsung/Visteon VCR VR-2430. This is a 12 volt unit for use in a car. I bought it knowing it had no power lead but assumed it would just have a simple positive/negative supply, however I find it has a four pin input.(See link to photos) Can anyone give me some more info on this please.

allan1066

JR North

Hi JR - Thanks for the interest. Take a look at this next pic. and see what you think.

allan1066

That's a Molex connector, look at the circuit board, which pins are connected to something? It's possible the pins are paired for more current handling.

Reply to
James Sweet

If you look closely at the last of three pix you posted, you can see that the top left connection goes to ground via a jumper. The two pins soldered together on the pc board, are likely ground. Check for continuity from them to ground anywhere on the chassis. There is a battery (always 12 volts), & ACC which is 12 volts (when the key is on). Sky.

Reply to
Skype_man

Not true. I have a 12V Sony color monitor with the same type of jack used for 12V DC input. Sorry I don't have the pinout but two pins are ground, one is +12V and the other is for an external picture (contrast) control.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

Thanks for the replies chaps. Looking from the rear, the lower left pin is ground to the chassis,the two top pins are jumped together. Any further ideas. I have found a matching plug to fit but at the moment I'm a bit reluctant to apply power.

Reply to
allan1066