How can I send 16bit data to PCMCIA on PXA255??

Hi.

I'm writing some code to send data to PCMCIA socket. The CPU we're using is Intel PXA255. I want to send "only 16 bits" to socket, but It sends low 16 bits and high 16 bits. I mean if I write 0x0055 to PCMCIA area, It sends 0x0055 and 0x0000. It causes some mal-function to my test device.

I wonder if there are any configurations on PXA255 to set to communicate only 16 bits by PCMCIA socket.

Give me a help, please.

Thanks.

Reply to
Marty

Hi Marty,

I suppose you read/write registers are 32 bit so when you try to write 16 bit data it does a topsyturvy with your data!!!

This tells that you get the LSB first and then MSB.

Only solution what I can think of is while reading/retreiving the data you have to do a bit of manipulation such as (MSB) | (LSB >> 16)

OR while writing

A_32BIT_VARIABLE = (YOUR_16BIT_DATA >> 16) & (0x0000FFFF)

Then use this -> A_32BIT_VARIABLE

Hope this provides you the hint. Please do tell me, did that help you or not....

Thanks and regards, Satya i snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
satya kumar