Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

IA1/IA2: More questions than I have any business putting in one post
I found a IA1 tucked away in a corner at the local curio store/radio shack, and was toying with purchasing it. Midori and jailbait both look fairly interesting, but I don't see anything like a feature...

wrong time: elan patch
Hello, I have a few question about the elan patch, which corrects for the wrong clock of the AMD cpu: 1. Can I download it for kernel 2.4.10 anywhere? 2. Is it possible to detect by user software,...

cgi-script for setting time and date in C
Hi, i wonder if there is a cgi in c out there to set the date and time on a linux embedded device (thttpd, but i think that doesn't matter) Shure, it's not difficult, but i googled a lot and didn't...

Re: Make bootable CDROM.
You can simply tell the kernel to mount the root read-only. Just create /tmp and /var ramdisks (tmpfs). It's also a good idea to extract the /etc on ramdisk too (form a "factory" archive located on...

[ann] Microblaze uClinux Demo released
Microblaze uClinux Demo Package Released ---------------------------------------- We are pleased to announce the first public release of the Microblaze uClinux demo package, available for download...
5
5

Newbie q - how to start :-)
Hello all, A bunch of questions, thank you :-) q1. What hardware kit do you recommend for a newbie to get acquainted with the Embedded Linux world (real-time apps)? I mean a reasonably priced...
5
5

FOLLOW UP - Acer SA50 thin server - getting root access
Hi, I've seen a few posts about getting full root access to these Acer SA50 thin servers. The linux O/S is embedded on a DoC but Acer no longer provide updates so it is rapidly getting out of date. If...

Re: lilo failing to boot initrd, boot process drops to init prompt
The El Torito booting creates only one simulated floppy on the CD, so the material on the initial ramdisk must fit a diskette image together with the kernel image. The diskette image may be 1.44...

Re: struct pci-device and irq
Yes, it's a "Linux interrupt number". It's an abstraction. If it is the same as the "hardware interrupt" value then it is that way for convenience or coincidence. Since you mentioned a PPC CPU, you...
2
2

modding IDE cable to write-protect compact flash?
hi all: I am involved in a mini-project that is to build a solid state computer (mini-ITX based) that will feature read-only medium. we have chosen compact flash for its relatively cheap cost and...
4
4

Re: Loading RAMdisk from and HDD partition
You could load the RFS from a file using the built in initrd mechanism. I use grub, but the mechanism is the same: title Maintenance mode - Version 0.9.18-1 (Ide 2/Sec Master) root (hd0,0) kernel...

Help
Hi, How to find a tutorial about CPU design?I mean a simple by step,using emulator is preferred. Thank you. Chen Bin
1
1

Embedded Linux Newsletter for Aug. 21, 2003
has just published its latest weekly Embedded Linux Newsletter, with all the latest news and info from the exciting world of Embedded Linux and Linux-based gadgets. Read it here: best wishes to all!...

PCM 5820 Geode Audio Problems
Hi all, I am in the process of converting one of my PCM 5820 boards into an mp3 player. But I find that the output carries a lot of distortion - to the point of making it useless. I provide both 5V...

DOC on Via Epia board
Hi All ! We have a problem with Disk on Chip on VIA EPIA board. We soldered chip on board, but utility from VIA couldn't detect it. Is there some trick to get doc to work (on DOS, embedded win XP or...
3
3