FOLLOW UP - Acer SA50 thin server - getting root access

I've seen a few posts about getting full root access to these Acer
SA50 thin servers. The linux O/S is embedded on a DoC but Acer no
longer provide updates so it is rapidly getting out of date.

If people are interested I've been able to obtain root access on mine
and I've put some details of how it was done here -
http://www.cu-man.net/SA50 /

Hope this is of interest to a few fellow SA50 owners - if you've got
some more info about updating the configuration of these machines
please let me know. If there's enough interest I may put up an
imagefile of my attempt at a 2.4.21 kernel  on my machine.

Thanks
      John

Site Timeline