Xilinx-linux-audio application

Hi, Iam trying to run linphonec(open source linux based IP Phone software) in xilinx-development board. I'd cross compiled linphone in powerpc-405-linux platform. Now I could run the same, in board. But the problem is, I dont have the ac97 (Audio codec linux BSP) driver/adapter. Also I've some general purpose AC97 files (as97.c & ac97.h) under linux (montavista linux_2.4_devel) distributions. Now there are two sound systems ALSA&OSS in linux. Linphone supports both ALSA & OSS. Then does it mean either one I can select and accordingly, should I've to develop the driver for my xilinx board. BTW, Whats the difference b/w adapter & driver. How can I modify general purpose driver to BSP. could anyone clarify me, Prakash

Reply to
prakash.na