Which library?

I'm starting learning "build linux from scratch" and I need a really small footprint. Glibc is a little big for my applications. I heard there are some other small libraries, like uclib, newlib. Is uclib dedicated to uCLinux? can it be used for Linux running on X86?

The CPU on my board is Intel X86.

Thanks Hantao

Reply to
Hans Ren

Hans Ren a écrit :

hi LFS has got its own news server (news.linuxfromscratch.org i think) with very specific and dedicaced newsgroup. you'd better use them : the answers are fast and very good

--
jpc
http://www.enstimac.fr/~caruana/

A Google search on "uclibc" brings you to uclibc.org, where you can find a FAQ. By the way, I read the BasicLinux mailing list. The maintainer of BasicLinux was looking at uclibc, but decided not to use it because it requires at least a 2.4 kernel and BL currently uses 2.2.

--
The truth you speak has no past and no future.  It is, and that's all it
needs to be.