USB client server?

Hi, . I am not a hardware person and I was trying to make my cell phone save files directly onto an external USB micro drive . Someone was telling me you can not do that. THat you can transfer files from the cell phone to or through a computer, but not directly to the USB drive . I remember someone transferring files from her cell phone to a drive and I have reasons to believe it was not using another computer . How do people do that? Is this what Beoful is for? . lbrtchx

Reply to
lbrtchx