ucSimm still available - or are modern kits sufficient?

Ive been looking for a uc dev kit to use for small projects, and the one that best fit what I needed is the ucSimm. However there doesnt really seem to be any activity with it, and I cant find anywhere online to buy one.

Does anyone know if it is available? If not, are there any suggestions for alternatives. The big features for the ucSimm are the lcd controller ( I want to hook a 320x240 sharp screen that I have ) and ethernet, with plenty of ram and flash. Being 68k was nice, but I ARM would be fine as well.

My first project is to hook up a audio rack computer front panel that I scavenged. It has lots of buttons, leds dials, and an lcd screen. I want to make something that will be fun to play with stand alone, and also be capable of hooking up to a host PC as a HID/display ( hence ethernet or usb ).

Reply to
mmmpie