VMSPLIT_3G on ARM platform

Hello,

The kernel 2.6.31.8 is configured with CONFIG_VMSPLIT_3G enabled, i.e. 1G
for kernel memory space and 3G for the user memory space -- so the kernel
occupies upper 1G (0xc0000000 - 0xffffffff), and use space takes 3G in the
range 0x00000000 - 0xbfffffff.
However the output of a device driver sections layout in the memory:# cat
/sys/module/mydrv/sections/.data
0xbf00b4f4
# cat /sys/module/mydrv/sections/.text
0xbf006000I can't understand why is the kernel module loaded user space
addresses, I though any kernel module should become part of kernel memory
space after it has loaded ?

Mark

Site Timeline