Tool to display pictures at frame buffer

Hello,
I am searching for a tool to display a picture directly to the
framebuffer. I know I can show raw pictures by copying them direct (cp
pic.raw /dev/fb0) but I am looking for a tool to display a standard
format e.g. bmp, ppm or jpg...
If the tool is easy compile (without many dependencies) it would also
help me to get it running at my XScale.
Kind regards and thank you for your help.
Cons

Re: Tool to display pictures at frame buffer
On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 00:20:20 -0800 (PST)

Maybe zgv is what you're looking for? It's a framebuffer based image
viewer.

b.r.,

Marc

Re: Tool to display pictures at frame buffer

I highly recommend DirectFB, if you are looking for a library for
embedded systems.  I use it on a MPX8349 board with great results.  In
addition to having functionality for displaying standard images it has
heaps more advance drawing functionality.
If you are just looking for an application to do this, I suggest
compiling one of the examples in DirectFB site (http://
www.directfb.org/) which displays images.
NOTE: you may have to compile the DirectFB library for your specific
platform and include image formats you want (eg: Jpg, gif ...).  From
my experience, Its pretty straight forward to configure and compile
this.

Re: Tool to display pictures at frame buffer
Hello Marc and Janaka,
thank you for your answers. I will try both (behind the boring
paperwork I have to do).
Kind regards
Cons

Site Timeline