AT Miditower - LED MHz Display

Hi NG

I am restoring an older PC-AT Case. TASK TK-370 Mini Tower, exactly.

There are three jumper-like connectors on the tiny PCB (with a back-up battery) where the LED-Display is assembled. On one is the Turbo-Switch connected, the other with the Reset button.

One two-pin terminal pin strip is free.

Does someone know how I can change the number 'MHz', shown on the LED Display?

I have found the Case at TASK's Homepage, but no Manual for DL.

Best Regards,

Daniel Mandic

Reply to
Daniel Mandic

Poor you! History, (where did you find a motherboard that responds to 'turbo' command?). I remember them and the cases they came in had two digit numerical display - to show of. Nothing realy important in use. Actually the display was controlled by position of the turbo switch (nothing to do with the actual CPU performance) so when upgrading to newer/faster/better CPU that needed 3 digit display it was just waste of time, but I was configuring the display to display "HI" or "LO" and not some 'imaginary' numbers. (It is NOT a counter!!!). To do it experiment with a jumper on those pins and notice which segments respond to what position of the jumper when inserted between rows or on adjacent pins on row, in 'turbo-on' and 'turbo-off'. Once you have this configure the display as you wish. BTW the printed note that was comming with such case was, usually, composed in computer-savvy 'Chinglish', Mahjong is easy compared to it.

HTH

Stanislaw Slack user from Ulladulla.

Reply to
Stanislaw Flatto

If it's not set by jumers behind the LEDs turn it on and try holding the reset button for atleast 30 seconds.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

some were controlled by the turbo-led output on the motherboard.

I saw a 3 digit one with no jumpers, it was programmed usaing the reset button.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

I must have missed such wonder. Back to kindergarten.

Have fun

Stanislaw Slack (10.2) user from Ulladulla.

Reply to
Stanislaw Flatto

?)Aw4rXwN5u0~$nqKj`xPz>xHCwgi^q+^?Ri*+R(&uv2=E1Q0Zk(>h!~o2ID@6{uf8s;a+M[5[U[QT7xFN%^gR"=tuJw%TXXR'Fp~W;(T"1(739R%m0Yyyv*gkGoPA.$b,D.w:z+ User-Agent: slrn/0.9.8.1 (Debian)

change the processor...

My god, 16 year olds walk the planet yet have not see a 486.

Reply to
Steven

Hi Stanislaw!

Yes, it is 3-digit. Needs to be set to 333 and the non-Turbo number I don't know so far, but the Board (i82443BX and i82371E/B) do have a Turbo-connector.

I'll post.

Thanks for now! Thanks for the '30 seconds' tip, Jasen. I know this can be tricky if you don't know it.

I thought, leaving the Turbo Switch connected. Release the reset-button, place it on the spare two-pin terminal pin strip, raising the number with that button, press turbo and set the number for non-turbo operation.

Well, I'll see.

Best Regards,

Daniel Mandic

Reply to
Daniel Mandic

Download Belarc Advisor and run it in Turbo mode to see what the turbo CPU speed is. It will also show the normal CPU speed if you run it with turbo turned off.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Hi Michael!

I have tried it with BM, an old DOS util, showing in real time when turbo-switch is activated or not.

The LED for the TURBO is going on and off, but nothing changes in speed. ? ... Turbo LED seems to be rightly connected to the Mainboard.

Although, the 3-digit MHz LED Display shows nothing anymore. :-| I have pulled out the Battery (tiny clock-battery) and have measured about 200mV, falling.... and it's slightly corroded on the plus side.

I hope a new Battery will make the LED-Display run.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Mandic

Reply to
Daniel Mandic